Fire Fighting engineering is the application of science and engineering principles to protect people, property, and their environments from the harmful and destructive effects of fire and smoke. It encompasses fire protection engineering which focuses on fire detection, suppression and mitigation and fire safety engineering which focuses on human behavior and maintaining a tenable environment for evacuation from a fire.
Fire fighting Course as a career option is fast catching up with the students in India. Whereas in abroad, Safety is an integral part of most of university programs. It is in fact an index of industrial growth. A rough assessment of the Industrial & Government demand puts the requirement at over 12,000 Safety personnel every year. The stage is similar to the advent of the computer revolution 7 years back.
- Fire protection system for high rise building
- Calculation of flow of pumps
- Pump selection for high rise building
- Zone classification
- Motor rating selection
- Piping layout
- Classification and designing of fire alarm system
- Zoning method
- Wiring system
- Firefighting hydraulic calculation
- Automatic sprinkler system
- Method of fitting valves, fitting in sprinkler system
- Fm-200 pipe sizing method
- Schedule for ordinary hazard occupancy.